Friday, September 20, 2013

Seattle!

Last late January the hubs' & I got away to Seattle!  This is something that we had wanted to do for a while!  & I have to say, Seattle was everything I was hoping for & MORE!  I loved it!  We had perfect weather while we were there.....a tiny bit of rain, cool temps, slight breeze & soft cloudy skies w/moments of the sun making a temporary appearance.

So since I have began my photography journey, I KNEW Seattle was a "must" visit, explore, experience & capture.  It wasn't a matter of "if" it was "when"!  I was smitten by this artsy/hippie city~what can I say, if I believed in reincarnation, I FOR sure would be back as a hippie~chick!

The hubs & I explored this awesome city on our own for a couple of days, then my amazing in-laws joined us for a couple of more days.  
I seriously felt like a little kid, seeing new things, checking out all the cool handmade items for sale @ Pikes Market, trying the foods, shopping, checking out the specialty stores, visiting the FIRST & still standing Starbucks! & most of all capturing Seattle through my lens <3 I couldn't get enough, I really couldn't.

This blog post has quite a few photographs....I just couldn't narrow it down to my favorite 6, or 7.....I love them all....that's what photography is all about.  It's personal.  To me, these images tell a story, my story....the story of a few days away w/my husband,  & w/my in-laws......it's a memory for us 4,  for the rest of our lives, & they will continue to tell the story to out children <3

     & we begin:)

Seattle has REALLY great food, & I'm not talking seafood (that's yuck for me:)  I'm talking just good food!
                                                                                           Seriously???  How CUTE ^^
 Ok, so this is a sweet little story.  This is a photograph of my husband w/his father, admiring the portion of this amazing structure that my father-in law helped construct (on computer)  He knew EVERY square inch of this portion of this building, & this was the first time he had ever seen it in person.  This was truly a "Kodak" moment.
& who doesn't love a good Space needle photograph!
 I LOVED this DARLING little store it's called Watson  Kennedy This is their FB link! It's WAY cute!
https://www.facebook.com/WatsonKennedy?fref=ts

A little of Pikes Market!
                                                                                                  GUM wall anyone! 
                                                                                                                YUMMY!
                                                           The FIRST Starbucks!  SO tiny, but w/lots of charm.
One of my favorite shots. & I LOVE the rain drops on my lens!
  
                                                                 A little shopping here & a little browsing there! 
                                                           Seattle living.  This guy Gregory Paul is really good!
                             https://www.facebook.com/GregoryPaulMusic?fref=ts
      
   I loved this clown.  He just sat there pretty much all day long.
          LOVED this Italian deli/specialty shop.............Mmmmmm the  scent inside was Heavenly.
 These hanging paper lanterns has to be one of my favorite photographs I took.  Can't really tell you why, it just is:)
                                                                                                                Skyline
                                                                                                      Life in Seattle.
                                                               Gotta love the fish tossing guys @ Pikes Market!
                                                                        More specialty shops!  ALL sorts of sugars!
             Oooohhhh another one of my favorites.  Perfect  lighting. Perfect getaway. Perfect moments.
We have discovered that getaways are a must.  Even if it's an hour from home.  & now since I do photography, I feel it's an extra MUST:) I love to have time w/my husband, & I love to photograph & document , it's a perfect duo!


Thanks for stopping by & checking out a little bit of "my story"
Please remember that all images are copyright of laura shepard photography~Tuscan Sun In. Inc.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Laura Shepard's Photography