Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Pretty little candles


Welcome to my FIRST "tips & trends" blogpost! & to my first post w/my "new" look:)

SO as I was having my blog updated (long overdue, thank you Rita:) I thought it would be unto include a little section where from time I will post fun DIY's, trends,  fun tips, & even tutorials on photography & or pretty much anything that makes me happy, & hopefully will make you happy too:)

Every now & then crafting is good for the soul...
My  firstborn has been home from college this past week, she had a few DIY's  brewing up, & so off we went to Hobby Lobby to gather some Soy candle "stuff"! (my first time ever there btw!)

Making candles is always fun & therapeutic, especially when essential oils are involved! & it's very simple to do!

All you need is a little bit of time & supplies:) We chose shredded Soy wax, we purchased several different sized mason jars, wicks, & for sure use essential oils if you can:)

Follow the instructions to melt the wax etc, then come up w/your own combo scents, you cause essential oils, spices, & even herbs from your garden. Once you get the wax melted & poured, let the candles set & a few hours later, add a little personality to your little jar, then light that candle & relax...
That's it! Simple:)

There's something special when you have a warm glow in your home from a pretty little candle or two, & it's extra sweet when it's been made w/love:)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Laura Shepard's Photography