Sunday, April 12, 2015

Her name is Rio :)


This is my Rio <3  & I love her to pieces <3 She's my firstborn & even though she's just under 5'10" & almost 19 years old, she will always be my baby girl...always <3



She was home last week for her Spring break & I loved every moment of her being home:) It's crazy how time goes by SOOOOO fast.  It seems like it was just a few years ago she was having playdates, going to Kindergarten, asking me to take her to the park, driving her to soccer practice etc...
How & WHEN did she grow up?
HOW am I still the same age when she's getting older (I wish lol:)



Ok so being a photographer, you would think I take my kids photos all the time, right?  I really don't as often as you would think, or as I should!  It had been a while since I really took photos of my Rio, so we headed out one late afternoon & had a little shoot & I'm so happy we did, I can never have enough photos of my kiddos:) I'm so glad we did!


& if you're wondering how we came up w/her name....well, I was a BIG Duran Duran fan during my HS years, & one of my favorite songs was "Rio" & when I was preggers w/her we couldn't agree on a name, then when I was about 7 months along I remembered that I always wanted to name my daughter "Rio"  My hubby LOVED it & so Rio it was:)! I had an image in my mind growing up of my future daughter & she was  beautiful, tall w/long legs & light golden skin...I not only got a daughter pretty much like I had envisioned, but I got the whole package <3 She is kind hearted, confident & a good person too....
(she's probably going to kill me for posting this, but oh well:)


My Rio is growing up....she's got so many ideas, hopes, dreams & good desires for her future....I know she has lot's of adventures ahead of her, & I am so excited for her!


                                         Her name is Rio, & I love her to pieces <3



                                         

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Laura Shepard's Photography